Australia has commonwealth privacy legislation being more particularly described as the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth)) from now on called "the Privacy Laws".
"Travel products" includes (without any limitation) all manner of travel related goods and services including:-
- transport services, whether by air, road, rail or water;
- airline flights, ballooning, coach, motor vehicle, motor cycling, cycling, rail, cruise, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, steam boat, paddle boat, powered boat, walking, hiking, trekking, abseiling, mountain climbing, camping and caravanning;
- accommodation services;
- food, beverages;
- tours, guides and car hire or rental;
- travel insurance;
- promotions relating to any one or more of the above.
- When using Tee Lee Travel's website or its online booking facility;
- When making a booking with Tee Lee Travel direct; and
- Under any other agreement or arrangement.
- When you access and use Tee Lee Travel's online booking facility; and
- When you engage Tee Lee Travel direct to provide its services to you.
How does Tee Lee Travel collect your personal information?
Tee Lee Travel collects personal information:-
- directly from you; and
- from other people too.
Tee Lee Travel collects personal information from you when you:-
- Communicate with Tee Lee Travel direct in person;
- Communicate with Tee Lee Travel by telephone, by letter, by facsimile, by email or other form of correspondence;
- Access and use Tee Lee Travel's website or online booking facility;
- Enter Tee Lee Travel competitions;
- Complete Tee Lee Travel surveys;
- Complete any form or other document requested by Tee Lee Travel whether for its purposes or for other purposes related to your travel requirements.
Tee Lee Travel is a licensed travel agent pursuant to the Travel Agents Act 1986 in the State of South Australia.
Tee Lee Travel:-
- sells travel products provided by travel product providers and in doing so Tee Lee Travel acts as the agent of those travel product providers; and
- Tee Lee Travel, as your travel agent, provides certain services to you such as arranging your relevant travel requirements for you, with your authority and on your behalf such as ticketing, issuing of vouchers, receipts and booking accommodation for you.
When we act as the agent for travel product providers we collect personal information about you:-
- for Tee Lee Travel's internal purposes; and
Therefore the consent you provide to Tee Lee Travel to the collection of your personal information applies also to the trade product providers with whom you have made enquiries with or purchased travel products from.
What personal information does Tee Lee Travel collect?
The types of personal information that Tee Lee Travel collects about you depends on:-
- The type of services you engage Tee Lee Travel to do for you;
- If you access and use the Tee Lee Travel's website or online booking facility;
- The form and content of your communications and correspondence with Tee Lee Travel. 3
You engage Tee Lee Travel to make all your travel arrangements both for transportation and accommodation.
In this example Tee Lee Travel may collect the following types (amongst others) of personal information about you:-
How does Tee Lee Travel use your personal information?
- your name including any former names;
- your salutation;
- your occupation;
- your date of birth including age;
- your marital status;
- your home address and billing address;
- your email address;
- your telephone numbers – home, work and mobile and facsimile;
- your credit card or debit card details including the provider of the card, whether it is a Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners or some other card provider, card number, card expiry date,
- dietary requirements;
- health requirements;
- Passport details including the holder's name, its place of issue, its number, its expiry date;
- Vistas details;
- if the intended travel is for business or pleasure;
- flight and other travel details; and
- Frequent Flyer or other loyalty program membership details, including issuer's name, cardholders name, number, expiry date.
Tee Lee Travel uses your personal information to provide you with your required travel needs and travel products.
Tee Lee Travel generally collects your personal information for the following purposes:-
Tee Lee Travel may disclose your personal information to other people (third parties)
- To identify you;
- To identify the actual user of travel products;
- To book your travel requirements and related transactions (i.e. airline, car rental, hotel bookings, vistas, travel insurance);
- To facilitate your participation in Frequent Flyers and other such loyalty programs;
- To conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- To track trends and improve Tee Lee Travel's services to its customers and the travel products on offer;
- To liaise with you as to customer satisfaction issues, promotions of travel products and specials,
- To comply with regulatory reporting and compliance requirements;
- To provide information to government bodies, embassies and agencies and law enforcement authorities (i.e. customs, immigration, financial transaction reporting, emergency and natural disaster assistance in locating you, and security); and
- For Tee Lee Travel's internal, administration, licensing (i.e. Travel Agents Act 1985 (SA) requirements) purposes.
Tee Lee Travel may disclose your personal information to other people ("third parties") as:-
- consented to and authorised by you [refer to your express consent and authority given as discussed above];
- permitted by law; and
- required by law.
The types of third parties Tee Lee Travel may disclose your personal information to are:-
- Tee Lee Travel's officers, employees, agents and contractors;
- Tee Lee Travel's related entities;
- travel product providers;
- law enforcement agencies, foreign embassies, and governments around the world including (without limitation) the following:-
- law enforcement;
- vistas and permits;
- Financial transaction reporting;
- Emergency and natural disaster assistance in locating you;
- Anti terrorism, anti fraud and other anti criminal activity; and
Tee Lee Travel engages or may engage third party contractors to do any one or more of the following:-
- process your travel requirements including making of bookings;
- provide website hosting, design, layout, software, data processing and security services;
- provide mail and email enquiries, processing and answering services;
- provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card and debit card account processing and related services;
- provide after hours call centre enquiries and assistance services;
- provide information technology services including data processing and input services, data storage services, data protection services; communication and computer networks, software and system development and maintenance;
- to provide market research services;
- to provide legal advice;
- to collect debts owed to Tee Lee Travel.
Where Tee Lee Travel engages a third party contractor it expressly prohibits the third party contractor from using your personal information save and except for the express purpose for which Tee Lee Travel supplied it to the third party contractor.
Other than the above, Tee Lee Travel will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Access to and correction of your personal information
Tee Lee Travel will:-
Upon your request and within a reasonable time, provide access to you of your personal information, unless an exception to your access to your personal information applies under the Privacy Laws;
- Charge you a reasonable fee for the costs of Tee Lee Travel supplying you with access to your personal information;
- Provide you with Tee Lee Travel's reasons for any refusal to supply with access to your personal information including any exemption relied on by Tee Lee Travel under the Privacy Laws.
The above applies also to the situation where you want to correct any of your personal information held by Tee Lee Travel.
Keeping Your Personal Information Up To Date
In collecting and using your personal information Tee Lee Travel takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
If you believe or have any concerns at all whether your personal information that Tee Lee Travel has about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, then do not hesitate to contact Tee Lee Travel to discuss the same and what steps can be taken to correct, complete or update your personal information.
Transfer of your personal information overseas
Tee Lee Travel may be required to transfer your personal information to third parties situate overseas including travel product providers.
Tee Lee Travel may do this:-
- As permitted or required by law;
- So that Tee Lee Travel can provide the services you have engaged Tee Lee Travel to provide to you;
- To facilitate the booking you made using Tee Lee Travel's online booking facility;
- As travel product providers from whom you have purchased a travel product, may be situate overseas;
- As Tee Lee Travel has contracted with third party contractors, who are situate overseas, to provide goods and services to Tee Lee Travel [refer above].
If you object to this happening to your personal information then contact Tee Lee Travel immediately and note this could result in Tee Lee Travel not being able to provide to you your required travel requirements and where you have made a booking using Tee Lee Travel's online booking facility, the cancellation of that booking.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you have:-
- Any complaint at all including a complaint about a breach of your privacy;
then please contact Tee Lee Travel so that any question, complaint or concern of yours can be dealt with promptly.
Any change will be posted on Tee Lee Travel's website so visit http://www.teeleetravel.com.au/PrivacyPolicy.aspx
Any change is effective as at the time and date it is posted on Tee Lee Travel's website.
Anti Spam Laws
Australia has commonwealth anti spam legislation being more particularly described as the:-
- Spam Act 2003;
- Spam (Consequential Amendments) Act 2003 (now consolidated into the Telecommunications Act 1997); and
- Spam Regulations 2004,
from now on simply referred to as "the Anti Spam Laws".
The Anti Spam Laws and the Privacy Legislation do overlap.
The Anti Spam Laws prohibit the sending of unsolicited commercial electronic messages with an 'Australian link'. A message has an Australian link if it originates or was commissioned in Australia, or originates overseas but was sent to an address accessed in Australia.
The Anti Spam Laws are based around three critical conditions relating to commercial electronic messages:-
- The message must be sent with the recipient's consent;.
- (The recipient may give express consent, or under certain circumstances consent may be inferred from their conduct or an existing business or other relationships)
- The message must contain accurate information about the identity of who authorised the sending of the message and how to contact them; and
- The message must contain a functional 'unsubscribe' facility to allow the recipient to opt out from receiving messages from that source in the future. The unsubscribe requests must be honoured within five working days.
Therefore take notice that Tee Lee Travel assumes that you have consented to receiving commercial electronic messages (i.e. travel product related promotions, specials, services, surveys) from Tee Lee Travel unless and until you advise Tee Lee Travel to the contrary.
If you want to unsubscribe then simply email Tee Lee Travel on email@example.com.
Note you can delete any cookies stored on your machine at any time you want to.
Contact Tee Lee Travel
Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions regarding our product and services.